Dental implants are tooth root replacements that provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable teeth replacement. Dental implants represent the greatest dental innovation that offer a stable, natural looking and long lasting solution in case of absence or loss of one or more teeth. Though artificial, dental implants require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.
Procedure of Dental ImplantThe procedure starts with thorough evaluation and preparation of an individualized treatment plan to address the specific needs of a patient. This is followed by placement of tooth root implant, which is a small post made of titanium, into the bone socket of the missing tooth. The jawbone is now left to heal for 6 to 12 weeks so that it can grow around the implanted metal post for its secured anchoring in the jaw. After the successful bonding of the implant to the jawbone, a small connector post called an abutment is attached to the post to securely hold the new tooth. Now dentist takes teeth impression to create a model of bite. The new tooth or teeth is based on this model. A replacement tooth, called a crown, is then attached to the abutment. The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia and is very less painful.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Improves the facial appearance of the person as they look and feel like original teeth
- Implants instantly reverses age by taking away the sunken appearance of the face
- Gives a well balanced, natural and radiant smile
- Permanent, durable& lifelong solution for missing tooth as implants is designed to fuse with bone
- Improves speech as implants fit in perfectly
- Improves biting and chewing ability of foods
- Highly comfortable and eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures
- Implants improve eating and allow you to eat your favourite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improves self-esteem by giving back that perfect smile
- Improves oral health
- Improves the oral form, function and aesthetics
- Implants have a success rate of up to 98%